61. Unconventional methods for fabricating and
Xia, Y.; Rogers, J. A.; Paul, K. E. and Whitesides, G.
M. Chemical Review 1999, 99, 1823-1848 (review article).
60. Assembly of nanoparticles into opaline structures
over large areas
Gates. B.; Qin, D. and Xia, Y. Advanced Materials 1999,
59. A three-dimensional photonic crystal operating in
the visible region
Park, S. H.; Gates, B. and Xia, Y. Advanced Materials
1999, 11, 462-466 (cover communication).
58. Fabrication of ordered two-dimensional arrays of
micro- and nanoparticles using patterned self-assembled
monolayers as templates
Qin, D.; Xia, Y.; Xu, B.; Yang, H.; Zhu, C. and
Whitesides, G. M. Advanced Materials 1999, 11,
57. Fabrication and characterization of porous
membranes with highly ordered three-dimensional periodic
Gates, B.; Yin, Y. and Xia, Y. Chemistry of Materials
1999, 11, 2827-2836.
56. Formation of patterned microstructures of
polycrystalline ceramics from precursor polymers using
micromolding in capillaries
Beh, W. S.; Xia, Y. and Qin D. Journal of Materials
Research 1999, 14, 3995-4003.
55. Fabrication of three-dimensional photonic crystals
for use in the spectral region from ultraviolet to
Xia, Y.; Gates, B. and Park, S. H. Journal of Lightwave
Technology 1999, 17, 1956-1962.
54. Formation of patterned microstructures of
conducting polymers by soft lithography, and
applications in microelectronic device fabrication
Beh, W. S.; Kim, I. T.; Qin, D.; Xia, Y. and Whitesides,
G., M. Advanced Materials 1999, 11, 1038-1041.
53. Assembly of mesoscale particles over large areas
and its application in fabricating tunable optical
Park, S. H. and Xia, Y. Langmuir 1999, 15, 266-273.
52. Materials research in China: Successes and
problems Xia, Y. and Li, R. K. Advanced
Materials 1999, 11, 1065-1066 (a special issue focused
on materials research in China).
51. Soft lithography
Xia, Y. and Whitesides, G. M. Annual Review of Materials
Science 1998, 28, 153-184 (review article, it was
highlighted by ISI as a highly cited MEMS article for
the June of 2005; it was also featured by ISI as one of
the top 20 most cited article in the area of materials
science from 1996 to 2006).
50. Soft lithography
Xia, Y. and Whitesides, G. M. Angewandte Chemie
International Edition 1998, 37, 551-575 (review
49. Macroporous memberanes with highly ordered and
three-dimensionally interconnected spherical pores
Park, S. H. and Xia, Y. Advanced Materials 1998, 10,
1045-1046 (research news article).
48. Fabrication of three-dimensional macroporous
membranes with assemblies of microspheres as templates
Park, S. H. and Xia, Y. Chemistry of Materials 1998, 10,
47. Crystallization of mesoscale particles over large
Park, S. H.; Qin, D. and Xia, Y. Advanced Materials
1998, 10, 1028-1031.
46. Use of electroless silver as the substrate in
microcontact printing of alkanethiols and its
application in microfabrication
Xia, Y.; Venkateswaran, N.; Qin, D.; Tien, J. and
Whitesides, G. M. Langmuir 1998, 14, 363-371.
45. Fabrication of microstructures using shrinkable
Zhao, X.-M.; Xia, Y.; Schueller, O. J. A.; Qin, D. and
Whitesides, G. M. Sensors & Actuators A 1998, 65,
44. Photolithography with transparent reflective
Qin, D.; Xia, Y.; Black, A. J. and Whitesides, G. M.
Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B 1998, 16,